Faculty research ranges from documenting understudied languages in far flung reaches of the world to working with typically developing English speaking children who live right here in Eugene. Students who are interested in getting involved in research are encouraged to talk with faculty members who inspire them. There are also frequently standing research opportunities in many of the labs listed below. Go ahead and click on a link to explore the different kinds of lab-based research being conducted here at the University of Oregon.
- Language Variation & Change Lab, directed by Tyler Kendall
- Speech & Language Lab, directed by Melissa Redford
- Speech Perception & Production Lab, directed by Melissa Baese-Berk
- Usage-Based Linguistics Lab, directed by Volya Kapatsinski
- Language Revitalization Lab, directed by Gabriela Pérez Báez
We are also affiliated with two major research centers: the Center for Applied Second Language Studies (CASLS) and the Northwest Indian Language Institute (NILI).